Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:46:48 +0000 (GMT)

>   As a blind user i like this feature to refresh page when i have red it
> thru. Of course 0 seconds is special case and probably there is nothing
> to read.

Refresh 0 should never be used.

I believe the Web Accessibility Initiative's User Agent Guidelines call for
User Agents (browsers) to have the option to disable automatic refreshes.
This doesn't just apply to be blind - I'm using a Chinese web site that
does submission confirmations with Refresh - I can't read them when using
GUI browsers, as I can't read the characters fast enough.

The authoring guidelines advise against their use until user agents allow
them to be disabled.