Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:26:27 -0500

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:59:54PM +0000, Ian Collier wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 09:29:49PM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> > And proclaminig some functionality to go obsolete doesn't necessarily make
> > it
> > so.
>
> So you'll support Netscape 4.7x on your site, then? ;-)

sooner or later it'll not be worth it - not yet.

(Anyone know when the security stuff in 4.7x expires?)

> imc
>
> [My computer is 5 years old and still works well so I don't have much
> reason to replace it.  It is running Red Hat 5.1* and I hesitate to
> upgrade because I don't really have the disk space.  To be honest I
> haven't investigated Mozilla, but it seems like it would be a fair
> amount of work getting it to run given that this is a pre-gnome,
> glibc-2.0 system.  Not that this has anything much to do with your
> web site in particular, but I do find it irritating when web sites
> are gratuitously incompatible with Netscape 4.7x.]

I'm running a variety of systems, and have netscape 4.x on several.
Mozilla doesn't work for some of the things that I need in my day
job so I'm not in a big hurry to drop the netscape.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net