Re: lynx-dev Background Colors with the binary for Windows

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Background Colors with the binary for Windows
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:22:16 +0900 (JST)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:28:02AM +0900, address@hidden wrote:
> > Some colors don't seem to be selected as background colors with the
> > binary for Windows.  For example,
> >     COLOR:0:black:white
> > seems to be equivalent to
> >     COLOR:0:black:lightgray
>
> The issue stems from this change (which is proving to be hard for PDCurses
> since it doesn't follow the conventions: its "white" color doesn't match
> the declared number of colors):
>
> 2002-10-06 (2.8.5dev.9)
> * make ASSUMED_COLORS in lynx.cfg apply to normal curses implementations which
>   do not implement assume_default_colors() (prompted by discussion with
>   Bela Lubkin) -TD

I couldn't understand how the discussion related with this problem,
but I found the related description in lynx.cfg as below.

  | # Note that in most cases a white background is really "lightgray", since
  | # terminals generally do not implement bright backgrounds.

I see bright backgrounds *generally* can't be used.

In case of PDCurses under Windows, bright colors seem to be forced to
be converted into corresponded dark colors, nevertheless PDCurses can
show bright colors as background properly.

I think it's not bad idea that the conversion would be suppressed with
PDCurses under Windows.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden