Re: lynx-dev anyone using "printer attached to your vt100 terminal" feat

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev anyone using "printer attached to your vt100 terminal" feature?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:39:54 -0500

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 07:38:16PM +0100, clemens fischer wrote:
> Henry Nelson <address@hidden>:
>
> > Wouldn't you know it, I find out soon after posting what the problem is.
> > At about the same time as the move to TeraTerm I started using "screen."
> > If I run lynx from the shell, lpansi works.  In "screen," it doesn't.
>
> you should find out the differences in the relevant termcap or
> terminfo databases.  "man 5 term...".  there must be something that
> you can add to your ~/.screenrc, like a termcap or terminfo command,
> that will enable this feature.

A quick look at the code indicates that "screen" normally checks if the
terminfo/termcap strings for printer control are defined, and if they are
not, will only pay attention to the printcmd option (which wouldn't be
useful in this context).

Since they're not defined in the Tera Term terminfo, screen doesn't use
that information...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net