Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:41:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Henry Nelson wrote:

> The more I think about this case-sensitive problem, the more it seems
> like something the GNU gettext people need to deal with.  Since they
> are the ones forcing the dependency on libiconv, and calling libiconv
> functions from their routines, they are the ones who should be asking
> for bug fixes and/or passing the proper parameters to open(), close()
> or whatever the relevant libiconv functions are.

Because of all the discussion, I went back to recheck my findings. I
am having trouble replicating my initial findings. There was clearly
a problem that is now fixed, but when I revert to lowercase character
set I don't see the problem recur. I thought that had done this
check before I sent the patch, but I can not confirm it now. So case
sensitivity may not be the problem after all.

I will try to go over all this again and send another report once the
actual problem is more clear. In the meantime, don't worry about the
case of the name for the charset (even though I think it might be nice
to have charset names match those found on iana).

Sorry for creating the problem if this was really an inaccurate
report.
                       Doug
--
Doug Kaufman