Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx incompatible with fastmail.fm

From: clemens fischer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx incompatible with fastmail.fm
Date: 10 Feb 2003 11:39:18 +0100

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:

>       http://invisible-island.net/diffstat

this is nice!  one of those practical little helpers.  i wish every
patch were run thru diffstat(1) and its result forwarded along.

>> does this patch fix the "fastmail.fm-bug"?  it would make my day.  if
>> so, which lynx-vversion will it go into?
>
> It seems to - I'm a little puzzled why this wasn't more visible before.

i'm sure it has hit many people over time, with more and more "funny
strings" on web pages these days.  but since javascript came up and
with so many graphic tools needing X11 anyway, many have opera or
netscape as a fallback, so they find the pages are usable at least by
those.  this is propably because complicated pages will use
javascript when the browser-id indicates the capability, and the
pages sent to those are different.  fastmail.fm sends different pages
to text or GUI browsers.

  clemens