lynx-dev File uploads

From: Shane Wegner
Subject: lynx-dev File uploads
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:07:04 -0800

Hello all,

I am currently using Lynx 2.8.5-dev11 with file uploads
enabled.  Perhaps not a Lynx issue directly but I ran into
the problem of Lynx base64 encoding binary files.  It seems
the file upload support in php doesn't support Lynx's
method of transmitting and my script has no way to know
whether a file is base64 encoded or not.

I am using php 4.2.3 with the basic $_FILE structures and
the information they provide.  I have read other messages
on the lynx-dev list about this and am wondering if anyone
ever came up with a way to fix it.  Perhaps disabling
base64 encoding for uploads altogether.

Thanks,
Shane