lynx-dev "Configuration file /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg is not available."

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev "Configuration file /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg is not available." and S-Lang
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:49:54 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

I was testing my static Cygwin binaries (without setting
TERMINFO).

Why doesn't the last run print something about the missing
/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg ?

G:\Program Files\bin>lynx-cygwin-static.exe

Configuration file /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg is not available.

G:\Program Files\bin>lynx-cygwin-slang-static.exe

Configuration file /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg is not available.

G:\Program Files\bin>lynx-cygwin-static.exe -cfg=/g/root/.lynx/lynx.cfg

Lynx file /usr/local/lib/lynx.lss is not available.

Error opening terminal: cygwin.

G:\Program Files\bin>lynx-cygwin-slang-static.exe -cfg=/g/root/.lynx/lynx.cfg
Unknown terminal: cygwin
Check the TERM environment variable.
Also make sure that the terminal is defined in the terminfo database.
Alternatively, set the TERMCAP environment variable to the desired
termcap entry.

BTW, couldn't the message about the missing LYNX_TEMP_SPACE be
improved ? Actually it's:

G:\Program Files\bin>lynx-cygwin-static.exe
/tmp/: No such directory

Here it means C:\cygwin\tmp, which isn't required if you set
LYNX_TEMP_SPACE. Actually I did everything without a C:\cygwin.

--
address@hidden, dyndns.org}