Re: lynx-dev Cygwin related

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cygwin related
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:20:02 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> Doug's post about distributable Cygwin versions.
>
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month062001/msg00135.html
>
> I have been testing (renaming C:\cygwin) my Cygwin static
> binaries and they seem to work fine without -DALL_STATIC.

I've read that cygwin "static" binaries are not really static because they
still depend upon the dll.

> Is it required ? I always avoided it for Lynx and a few other
> applications to save time. I just move the binary away and do a
> make LDFLAGS='-s -static'.
>
> And it seems you now need the cygwin terminfo file for both
> ncurses and S-Lang.

generally slang has built-in readers for termcap and terminfo - the
latter is the format used by ncurses.  (termcap reader for ncurses is
optional).

> BTW, why does the S-Lang binary not print something about the
> missing /usr/local/lib/lynx.lss when I use -cfg ?

slang configuration of lynx doesn't support color-style, so it won't use
the lss file.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net