Re: lynx-dev Looking for tips on determining where a failure might lie

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Looking for tips on determining where a failure might lie
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:30:19 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:35:18AM -0500, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> Okay, recently a web site I use with lynx has begun returning 404 errors
> while other web browsers do not.
>
> In Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.12), I find I can do this:
>
> 1. $ lynx http://webpac.cml.lib.oh.us/
> 2. Select the refresh URL on the page shown
> 3. Move down to the step 1 search field and enter the words:
> tuck everlasting
> 4. Move down to Optional format and select
> DVD
> 5. Submit form via "Search" link
> 6. select the Reserve link
> 7. I get a refresh page with a very long URL, that, when selected, displays
> a page to enter library patron information.

testing with dev.12 -
I see the last line of the URL isn't highlighted, but (with normal and
color-style) I do get the followup page.  This is on Linux, of course...

testing with dev.14, I see the long link truncated (so there's something
I can reproduce).

thanks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>