lynx-dev Re: Question on Lynx and XP

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Question on Lynx and XP
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:42:14 -0500

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 04:23:35PM -0700, Cynthia Smith wrote:
> Webmaster Jim!
>
> Thanks for your response.  My site was being moved and the transfer
> didn't go very smoothly.  There was a link problem related to the move.
> Now I don't know if there is a problem with Lynx or not.  Would it be
> too much trouble for you to look at my site over the weekend or early
> next week to see if you experience the same problems?  I would
> appreciate the feedback and assistance.  They are actually moving the
> server tonight so I have to check the site again tomorrow to make sure
> things are still OK.  It would be better for you to test it next week
> just in case.
>
>  www.greenwoodvillage.com

Actually, you can do this yourself without even installing Lynx locally.
There is an anonymous lynx browser available complements of the State of
Maryland and Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore.

Open a telnet session under Windows using Start -> Run ->
telnet sailor.lib.md.us

Login as "guest" and enter the terminal type of "vt100". Press enter a
couple times, and then type "g" to go to a page. When the prompt says "URL
to open:" type in your site URL. That's it!

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=web+home+for+jim+spath>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Don't think for a moment that I enjoyed doing that because I didn't.