Re: lynx-dev Problems with URL--please help

From: Leslie Fairall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems with URL--please help
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:50:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:06:13 -0800 (PST)
> From: Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>
> To: Leslie Fairall <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems with URL--please help
>
> I think that we are having trouble helping because no one has been
> able to reproduce your problem yet. I and others can connect to
> "https://hod.dol.state.ga.us/"; using lynx without problem. We can't
> verify your exact URL, since it requires a userid and password.
Sorry. I didn't realize that you were able to connect to this url through
lynx. However, you have gotten farther than I have since I am not asked
for a userid and password. I am being core dumped and taken back to the
shell prompt. At least I know lynx will work with this URL.

> Let me ask a few specific questions:
> > 1. Can you connect to "https://hod.dol.state.ga.us/"; with lynx?
No. Hope my explanation above as to why I cannot connect to the site is
clear. If I could get to the userid and password prompts, I'd be a step
closer to tackling this whole mess.
> 2. If not, can you post relevant portions of the Lynx.trace file that
> you get when you try: 'lynx -trace "https://hod.dol.state.ga.us/";'
I am attaching both the lynx.trace and typescript files, since I am not
sure what is relevant here. From what you are saying, it sounds like
something might need to be fixed on the shell. Or could it be the way in
which lynx was compiled with SSL support?
> 3. What to you get in the file s_client.trace if you type:
> "echo quit | openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect hod.dol.state.ga.us:443
> >s_client.trace"
The result is in the typescript file.                            Doug

Thanks for your patience. Some of this stuff is new to me.