lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?

From: William December Starr
Subject: lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:12:55 -0400

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> said:

> perhaps.  I see that my config has FTP_PASSIVE set to true.

Changing that in my .lynx.cfg on my Panix account (where version
2.8.4rel.1 is running) fixed the problem.  This seems to be the
answer.

(I wasn't able to test it out on MIT's 2.7.1 because I don't seem to
_have_ a config file there, or anything that begins with .lynx or
ends with .cfg, nor does creating such a file seem to affect things.
How Lynx is set up there is a mystery to me.)

-- William December Starr <address@hidden>