Re: lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:17:57 -0400

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 05:12:55PM -0400, William December Starr wrote:
> Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> said:
>
> > perhaps.  I see that my config has FTP_PASSIVE set to true.
>
> Changing that in my .lynx.cfg on my Panix account (where version
> 2.8.4rel.1 is running) fixed the problem.  This seems to be the
> answer.
>
> (I wasn't able to test it out on MIT's 2.7.1 because I don't seem to
> _have_ a config file there, or anything that begins with .lynx or
> ends with .cfg, nor does creating such a file seem to affect things.
> How Lynx is set up there is a mystery to me.)

iirc, there was an ifdef before 2.8.3 to support passive ftp, but
        2000-02-25 (2.8.3dev.21)
is the first mention of it being configurable.  I seem to recall that
I have it set in my config to keep an eye on the occasional site that
doesn't seem to work with lynx's passive ftp code.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net