Re: lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what was the trick to using ftp?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:28:36 -0400

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 06:15:44PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 030412 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >> same here with 2-8-5dev.6 .
> >> yes, but it asks for a username & password & won't login without:
> >> is that the problem?
> > perhaps.  I see that my config has FTP_PASSIVE set to true.
>
> i have never changed the line in  lynx.cfg :
>
>   #FTP_PASSIVE:FALSE

perhaps the comments apply:

# Set FTP_PASSIVE to TRUE if you want to use passive mode ftp transfers.
# You might have to do this if you're behind a restrictive firewall.
#FTP_PASSIVE:FALSE

> however,  lynx.cfg  doesn't say what the default behaviour is in this case:
> it looks as if the default is  TRUE , given my experience above.

no - the default is false, but it's in userdefs.h which some people customize:

userdefs.h:518: * If FTP_PASSIVE is set to TRUE here or in lynx.cfg, ftp
transfers will
userdefs.h:521:#define FTP_PASSIVE        FALSE
src/LYMain.c:191:PUBLIC BOOLEAN ftp_passive = FTP_PASSIVE; /* TRUE if doing ftp
in passive mode */
src/LYReadCFG.c:1306:     PARSE_SET(RC_FTP_PASSIVE,          ftp_passive),
src/LYrcFile.h:76:#define RC_FTP_PASSIVE                  "ftp_passive"

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net