lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly

From: Pat Walsh
Subject: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:41:42 -0600

When returning from a lynxprog:less file, text from that file
remains interspersed with the text from the lynx displayed doc,
the screen has to be refreshed (^L) to display only the lynx doc.

The display problem started when I updated libncurses.  In December
(dev.11?), I had tried updating ncurses from 5.3.20020112, got the
mangled display, went back, and and the lynx doc would redisplay
cleanly.

This is not a problem when I am not running screen.

I realize this may not be lynx-specific, but this list has special
expertise that may shed light on the problem ;)

        Debian GNU/Linux, 2.2.20
        lynx            2.8.5dev.14
        libncurses5     5.3.20021109-2
        ncurses-base    5.3.20021109-2
        less            378
        screen          3.09.15 (and with 3.09.13)
        bash            2.05b
dev.14 was compiled on libncurses5?dev 5.3.20020112

--
Patrick Walsh