Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:27:44 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:41:42AM -0600, Pat Walsh wrote:

> When returning from a lynxprog:less file, text from that file
> remains interspersed with the text from the lynx displayed doc,
> the screen has to be refreshed (^L) to display only the lynx doc.

hmm - I haven't done much with lynxprog (but LP noted that I broke it in one
place - encoding of blanks in the jump table - which is what I was just
starting to fix this morning).  I'll make a note & see if I can repeat this
issue once I've gotten past that.

> The display problem started when I updated libncurses.  In December
> (dev.11?), I had tried updating ncurses from 5.3.20020112, got the
> mangled display, went back, and and the lynx doc would redisplay
> cleanly.
>
> This is not a problem when I am not running screen.
>
> I realize this may not be lynx-specific, but this list has special
> expertise that may shed light on the problem ;)

offhand I'd assume it's lynx not flushing output or resetting terminal
modes (but I don't know yet).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net