Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:35:13 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:41:42AM -0600, Pat Walsh wrote:

> When returning from a lynxprog:less file, text from that file
> remains interspersed with the text from the lynx displayed doc,
> the screen has to be refreshed (^L) to display only the lynx doc.
>
> The display problem started when I updated libncurses.  In December
> (dev.11?), I had tried updating ncurses from 5.3.20020112, got the
> mangled display, went back, and and the lynx doc would redisplay
> cleanly.
>
> This is not a problem when I am not running screen.
>
> I realize this may not be lynx-specific, but this list has special
> expertise that may shed light on the problem ;)
>
>       Debian GNU/Linux, 2.2.20
>       lynx            2.8.5dev.14
>       libncurses5     5.3.20021109-2
>       ncurses-base    5.3.20021109-2
>       less            378
>       screen          3.09.15 (and with 3.09.13)
>       bash            2.05b
> dev.14 was compiled on libncurses5­dev 5.3.20020112

hmm - dev.14 won't run the lynxprog url anyway (due to the blank-conversion).
But with that fixed, I don't see a problem with my current setup:

        Debian 2.2
        ncurses 5.0 or
        ncurses 5.3.20030412
        screen 3.09.11

I have a newer Debian, but it's only up to around September, and I have
some issues to resolve before updating that.  It might be a problem with
screen - that would be simplest for me to check on.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net