Re: dev.15 progress (was: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanl

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: dev.15 progress (was: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:03:30 +0400 (MSD)

15-Apr-2003 05:43 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> Yes, there are few (please consider at least my last two patches from 6-7
>> April),

> I saw those - but want to focus on bug fixes to close out dev.15 rather
> than improvements.

My two patches from 6-7 April just complete changes that are already in
dev14i snapshot.

2003-03-?? (2.8.5dev.15)
+ undo 2002-11-11 SGMLFindTag optimization (problem with color styles,
  reported by IZ). Optimize the function by storing the previously found tag.
  Also use my_casecomp() to decrease AS_casecomp() calls by testing the
  first character manually -LP
+ optimize HTStyle comparison:  now just compare numbers from enum.  It was
  previously implemented as a strcmp comparison with a fixed string.  Used in a
  very inner loop, in HTML_put_character() -LP
+ in HTML.c, revise href resolving logic.  HTAnchor_findChildAndLink now
  resolves href with respect to BASE internally; HTParse incorporates
  LYFillLocalFileURL call (after the parsing, and only when the related string
  is not empty and parse includes access, host, path and punctuation).  This
  removes all LYFillLocalFileURL and most HTParse calls from HTML.c and makes
  code more consistent. (Previously, functions were called in a different order
  for document with/without BASE, which had the side effect in some cases,
  e.g., href="c:" on a DOS machine was resolved properly with _any_ base, and
  badly broken without:) -LP
+ also revise "internal links" logic (read KW 1997-11-03 notes, before v2.8),
  avoid using this feature for BGSOUND_SRC link:). For the HTML.c and HTAnchor.c
  files, internal links affects only parent lookup in the adults table (more
  correct in case of post data), so omit DONT_TRACK_INTERNAL_LINKS
  ifndef'ing in the two files -LP
+ refine changes for HTAnchor/HTChildAnchor from dev.14 -LP