Re: lynx-dev Del vs Remove Key and End Tag with space

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Del vs Remove Key and End Tag with space
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

> I have two questions about Lynx's behaviors.
>
> 1. Why does guide line in Novice mode say "[delete]=history list"
>    while Del key is assigned to DOWN_TWO in default?

There's more than one "delete" key.  iirc, Lynx is documenting the behavior
of the vt320-compatible "remove" key.

>    # I suspect that Del key on my keyboard is equivalent to remove key
>    # in Lynx's terms.
>
>    I think this may confuse Lynx's beginners and should be corrected
>    in a proper way.

maybe (explaining to beginners the differences between DEL, BS, Delete,
Backspace seems futile, partly because the differences depend on who the
explanation is directed to).

> 2. Viewing this HTML by Lynx, Lynx will shows a blank page.

> <title>end tag test</title>
> </head>
>
>    Replacing </style > by </style>, I got the result as expected.
>    Is this a Lynx's bug?  Or we shouldn't put unnecessary spaces
>    in End Tag?

it looks like a bug.

> I tested above with 2.8.5dev.14 on Windows and FreeBSD.
> --
> Takeshi Hataguchi
> E-mail: address@hidden

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>