lynx-dev very long string in select option box gets cut off

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev very long string in select option box gets cut off
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:07:11 +0900 (JST)

This problem is a little hard to explain since it wouldn't normally
show up in a language with spaces between words.  The sample below
mimics the problem, where, when an option within a select already
pushed toward the right margin is very long, the option box gets cut
in half, and there doesn't seem to be any way to scroll right to read
the cut-off portion.

I tried '}' ("Shift the screen right."), but nothing happens.  However,
if I look at 'K'ey commands available, '}' isn't listed.  Did I miss a
compile option, or is it a feature not available with SLang?

Or, does this html cause a problem for Lynx?  (Vaguely I seem to recall
that Lynx used to shift these long option boxes to the left so that you
could read to the end of the line, but you all know how bad my memory is.)

__Henry

... is the aim of ag-ecology mgmt.
"Absolute yield" is
here_we_insert_a_super_long_word_to_mimic_Japanese<select name="Qa3">
     <option value="1" >world record yield
     <option value="2" >yield constrained by socio-economic factor
     <option value="3" >yield obtainable within limits of field
     <option value="4" >average yield possible within a particular country
     </select>, you might say.