Re: lynx-dev very long string in select option box gets cut off

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev very long string in select option box gets cut off
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:45:10 +0900 (JST)

> > I tried '}' ("Shift the screen right."), but nothing happens.  However,
> > if I look at 'K'ey commands available, '}' isn't listed.  Did I miss a
> > compile option, or is it a feature not available with SLang?
> >
> > Or, does this html cause a problem for Lynx?  (Vaguely I seem to recall
> > that Lynx used to shift these long option boxes to the left so that you
> > could read to the end of the line, but you all know how bad my memory is.)
>
> Perhaps you're thinking of the curses configuration.  The popup menu there
> is made wide enough to fit the line.

I'm not sure what you're indicating here.  Are you saying in the "curses
configuration" that the popup menu is moved to the left until the longest
line among the options of the menu fits on the screen?  (Or are you
confirming that shifting the screen ('{' and '}') are only available with
curses?

The former, "fitting the line into the terminal space", should work
with SLang as well, not just curses.

__Henry