Re: lynx-dev Incorrect centering

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Incorrect centering
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:10:24 -0400

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:29:12AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > Lynx 2.8.5dev.15 (27 Apr 2003) (Development-Version) still does not get
> > the alignment right; here is another example:
>
> that doesn't look like an improvement...

I don't think he was showing an improvement.  He was showing how that
particular page is presently rendered by Lynx.  Here is how it looks in
my modified browser (modified as in my original message, with the "wrong"
code disabled):

   CAPTION: République Française

   France flag medium.png France has no national coat of arms
         (In Detail)
   National motto: Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité
   (French, "Liberty, Equality, Brotherhood")
   Official language French
   Capital Paris
   President Jacques Chirac
   Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin
   Area
    - Total
    - % water Ranked 47th
   547,030 km² ¹
   0.26%
   Population
    - Total (2000)
    - Density Ranked 21st
   59,551,227 ¹
   109/km²
   Currency Euro², French euro coins
   Time zone UTC +1 (CET)
   National anthem La Marseillaise
   Internet TLD .FR
   Calling Code 33
   (1) Data for European (metropolitan) France
   (2) Prior to 1999: French franc

I think that's definitely an improvement over what Karl is seeing with
an unmodified Lynx.  It may not be right-justifying the table as a whole
as the author of the web page intended, but at least it isn't right-
justifying the contents line by line, and I think that makes it much
more readable.

Chuck