Re: lynx-dev Possible Bug in Lynx 2.8.5-dev.15

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Possible Bug in Lynx 2.8.5-dev.15
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 22:03:49 -0700

Thomas Dickey wrote:

  The realloc is used to shrink storage requirements - IZ's comment
  indicates it may be slow.  If it's too slow, we should drop that
  chunk of code altogether.

As the comment saiz, it is quadratic.  In my testing it is 10000 times
slower on my huge test file; it also does not save memory (both with
EMX' malloc()).

The defined-out chunk is left in as a comment why easier-to-implement
approach won't work.

Hope this helps,
Ilya