Re: lynx-dev stty -echo as root on NetBSD

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev stty -echo as root on NetBSD
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 06:43:01 -0400

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:35:37PM -0400, Stef Caunter wrote:
> > The only related bug I know of was for lynx built with NetBSD curses
> > (which omitted the 'newterm' function).  But that particular bug is
> > fixed (just checked by turning off that branch).
>
> Is there a way for one to specify that when compiling?
>
> Your report doesn't
> > mention whether you're using ncurses or NetBSD curses.
> >

> Sorry about that; pretty sure it is NetBSD curses. Might I solve this by
> putting in ncurses?

perhaps - I don't have a current NetBSD, and (from looking for bug reports
against ncurses) see that current NetBSD has more bugs than ncurses.  If
it works with ncurses but not NetBSD curses, it's probably due to a bug in
the latter.  (But if it doesn't work with both, then it's probably a bug
in lynx that I haven't seen yet ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net