[lynx-dev] killing a hung lookup operation

From: William December Starr
Subject: [lynx-dev] killing a hung lookup operation
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:44:17 -0400

Gisle Vanem <address@hidden> said:

> BTW. Isn't there a way to interrupt really slow ftp openings?
> (not transfers, but the initial greeting, STAT, PWD stuff).
> I tried ftp://info.cert.org w/o passive mode and it timed out
> eventually. Passive mode is okay. But 'z' didn't work and repeated
> ^C's crashed Lynx (at eip = 0x00000000).

Similarly, sometimes the looking up of a server's address (via a
call to a domain name server, I believe) also can hang, leaving one
staring at an unchanging "Looking up www..."  message until the
search finally times out -- z won't interrupt this.

Is there any way to kill such a lookup-in-progress?  If not, could
one be added to Lynx?

-- William December Starr <address@hidden>