Re: lynx-dev Multipart upload using lynx?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Multipart upload using lynx?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Mikael Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is misplaced, but I have been unable to verify how lynx
> handles multipart uploads.

I've reworked much of this in the last few development patches.

> I use a form with enctype="multipart/form-data" and a input type="file"
> field to do the upload.
>
> The request content  from Netscape or IExplorer looks something like
> this.:
> -----------------------------16325433328772
>
> test
>
> -----------------------------16325433328772

file-upload is (has been) an experimental feature that you have to enable
at compile-time.  I'm certain you're not running current source, since I
rewrote the code that generates the divider line this year.  There are
some unrelated bugs (which I'll flush out in dev.16), but 2.8.5dev.15
should be good enough for you to test (and perhaps tell me what I've not
done right ;-)

> But uploading the same file using Lynx I only get the divider.
> '--xnyLAaB03X--'
> (This is Lynx spelled backwards and AaB03X is the the boundry example
> from the rfc at http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1867.html, but I guess you
> know this.)
>
> What is going on?, Am i doing something wrong or does Lynx not support
> multipart uploads.?
>
> I use 'Lynx Version 2.8.4pre.5 (14 Jul 2001)' under windows, but see the
> same result under Linux.
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards.
>     Mikael.