Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars in URL

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars in URL
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:44:54 +0200

"Ilya Zakharevich" <address@hidden> said:

> Apparently, the error recovery mode of encountering 8-bit chars in URL
> of lynx is broken.  E.g. try http://skazka.uran.ru/ and the link MP3
> SKAZKI.

The Cygwin/MingW/VC ports of Lynx should IMHO use 'InternetCrackUrl()'.
Or 'InternetCrackUrlW()' in your case I think. This function seems quite
solid. Even handles IPv6 literal addresses (RFC-2732).
E.g. lynx http://[::ffff:10.0.0.1]:8080/index.html

Or maybe we can borrow the implementation from Wine?? (haven't
checked it).

I've been wanting to support this in lynx too, but got stuck in understanding
how HTParse.c works.

--gv

"Computers are useless. They can only give answers"  --Pablo Picasso