lynx-dev '\' reloading documents

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 04:19:07 -0400

I thought that documents weren't supposed to reload when pressing '\'
to view source if lynx was configured to cache the source (I have
"SOURCE_CACHE:MEMORY" in my lynx.cfg), but I have noticed on several
occasions that they do at least some of the time.  I haven't had the
time to look into the source code, but it seems to me that when
changing the way a document is viewed, the document should never be
reloaded if the source is available, because your intention is to
view the *current* document in a different way (possibly for debugging),
and reloading may not always give you the same document that you were
originally viewing if the document was dynamically generated.  Even if
it is the same, it's a waste of bandwidth to download it again.  Am I
wrong, or is this a bug?

I should mention that I'm running lynx 2.8.4 rel.1.  If this has been
fixed since that version, I apologize for bringing up an old bug.

Chuck