Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:09:36 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 06:06:41PM +0400, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 28-May-2003 04:19 Chuck Martin wrote:
> > I thought that documents weren't supposed to reload when pressing '\'
> > to view source if lynx was configured to cache the source (I have
> > "SOURCE_CACHE:MEMORY" in my lynx.cfg), but I have noticed on several
>
> Do you see it in LYNXCFG:// page??

Yes.  I just double-checked.

> A trace log will be useful, but see below.

I was going to do that just now, but I can't remember where I was when
I saw that happening just before I sent that message.  I can't seem to
get it to happen anywhere I try right now, but when it happens, it's
consistent.  Every time I change to source or back again prompts a reload.
If I can find it again, or if I find another site that does it, I'll be
sure to turn on the trace log.

I'm sure these are normal web sites (http://) where I'm seeing this.

> (2) source_cache will not be used if the original transfer
> was interrupted with 'z' key. Perhaps this is a misfeature,
> or wrong default value. See SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_ABORTED in lynx.cfg
> and relevant notes in changes.

This is definitely not the case.  The transfer has not been interrupted
in the cases where I've seen this.

Chuck