Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:59:03 +0900 (JST)

> > But it isn't only cached to memory. SOURCE_CACHE can be set to "FILE".
> > If we are to cache secure documents, we should make sure that the file
> > is as secure as is reasonably possible.
>
> Yes. But while we are talking to https the secure content is _usually_ sent
> in a single direction, from client to server (POST data, with passwords
> etc.), so it will not be compromised by source_cache.

I think what's been bothering me about source_cache and an https form
is not so much the data itself, but rather whether or not (I do not know;
that's why I'm asking.) the action of the form could become corrupted
somehow.  In other words, could data supplied to the source_cached form
end up going to the wrong server or an unintended recipient or script?
Or is a source_cached form in no (100%) way different from a direct-
rendered form that Lynx would have to refresh to change its rendering?
For example, say you fetched a form, then took one of the actions
discussed, like ', ", `, * or @, and then submitted your data using
the modified rendering of the form.  Is it guaranteed that the data
will go to where it's supposed to and the intended action will be
taken on it?  Is it guaranteed that the server's action will be
prepared to handle the data supplied to it?

__Henry