Re: lynx-dev tabs for Lynx (was reloading documents)

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tabs for Lynx (was reloading documents)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:00:40 -0400

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 05:48:37PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> the answer is tabs, well known eg in Galeon, my regular GUI browser.
> if you don't know re them, you middle-click on the link
> & the new doc appears under a separate tab at the top of the display:
> you can then move between docs by clicking on their respective tabs.
>
> might something like this be possible in Lynx ?  we couldn't do tabs,
> but they mb emulated by a list of available docs activated by a defined key.
>
> care to have a go at programming that (smile)?

I can do something similar to this already, using a shell script as a
viewer when pressing '.' or ',' to view a page.  My shell script allows
me to load the specified URL in another screen window, another xterm,
or either another browser.  Unfortunately, that has to be done every
time I load a new page if I want the benefit I'm talking about, because
I don't know ahead of time which pages I'll want to hold onto while I
the benefit of the current history or list of visited links in that
other browser or window.

I've heard of tabs in those other browsers, but haven't used them.
Can you duplicate the current page in another tab so you can use the
current tab to go back to another page, or do you have to load the page
into another tab when you first visit that page?

Chuck