Re: lynx-dev tabs for Lynx (was reloading documents)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tabs for Lynx (was reloading documents)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:20:52 -0400

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:10:41AM -0400, Chuck Martin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:46:57PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> > > I can do something similar to this already, using a shell script as a
> > > viewer
> > > when pressing '.' or ',' to view a page.  My shell script allows me
> > > to load the specified URL in another screen window, another xterm,
> > > or either another browser.  Unfortunately, that has to be done
> > > every time I load a new page if I want the benefit I'm talking about,
> > > because I don't know ahead of time which pages I'll want to hold onto
> > > while I go back to another page, and that isn't practical.
> > > I also don't have the benefit of the current history
> > > or list of visited links in that other browser or window.
> >
> > that sounds a bit complex & more limited than tabs.
>
> On the contrary, it's actually very simple, and from your description,
> I think it's actually more versatile than tabs.  I merely press '.' on
> a link, or ',' to use the URL of the page I'm currently viewing, and I
> get a menu like this:

I suppose so... but I use '.' or ',' to get a popup menu inside lynx.
(Repeating EXTERNAL's in lynx.cfg makes it do that).

The tradeoff is that with your script, you can fit a lot more viewer
names into an area, at the cost of having to enter a number.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net