lynx-dev fink fails to get lynx 2.8.4

From: Walt Pawley
Subject: lynx-dev fink fails to get lynx 2.8.4
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:42:07 -0700

In case someone who's involved is watching, there may be a problem with the
"fink" distribution's approach to installing lynx.

I managed to delete the specific curl command used to attempt to get the
lynx source but it was directed at an FTP site (ftp://lynx.isc.org I
believe) which was either not running or overloaded or something. I seem to
recall the error message, "ftp: connect: No route to host" being displayed.

I eventually found a bz2 formatted distribution file but it wasn't straight
forward (I'm not too bright) that fink seemed to like and was able to
install lynx indirectly.

--
Walt Pawley <address@hidden>              541-672-8975
       676 River Bend Road, Roseburg, OR 97470