Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:30:08 +0400 (MSD)

10-Jun-2003 00:59 Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:42:37PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>> More remarks from Leonid, answered together:
>>
>>   A) If the document is in HText cache, the expiration date is ignored.
>>
>>      This is not what I observe.  Very often documents get reloaded
>>      even with my cache-100-documents settings.

> Example:

>  http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/advanced.html

Subject: HEAD  http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/advanced.html

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

> Hope this helps,

"no_cache" have a higher priority over Expires.
Also, this server doesn't send "Date" header, so we cannot resolve Expires
(whether it is in the past or not). The code is in HTMIME.c

> Ilya

> P.S.  About "very late" purging of the documents: lynx already knows
>       which documents were fully loaded, which were interrupted by
>       'z'.  This is easy to observe: if you load again a "z-interrupted"
>       document, it is always reloaded.

Again, not. Just now I visit lynx-dev month listing:
being interrupted with 'z', it is not reloaded when I revisit it again.