lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx timeline
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:31:16 -0700

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:59:39AM -0700, I wrote:

>>> [Leonid:]
> >   A) If the document is in HText cache, the expiration date is ignored.

>>> [Me:]
> >     This is not what I observe.  Very often documents get reloaded
> >     even with my cache-100-documents settings.
> >  Example:
> >  http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/theaters/advanced.html

[Explanation from Leonid, which contradicts his previous claims about
no-cache being equivalent to expire=now, and his claim above - omited]

[me:]
> P.S.  About "very late" purging of the documents: lynx already knows
>       which documents were fully loaded, which were interrupted by
>       'z'.  This is easy to observe: if you load again a "z-interrupted"
>       document, it is always reloaded.

[Leonid]> Again, not.

There is no "again"; as shown above, it was you who was wrong the
previous time. ;-)

[Leonid:]
>  Just now I visit lynx-dev month listing: being interrupted with 'z',
<  it is not reloaded when I revisit it again.

Same here (with this site).  Again, I will be watchful to find why I
think this behaviour is present.

Yours,
Ilya