Re: lynx-dev another bug in nested tables (dev.16)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev another bug in nested tables (dev.16)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:51:10 -0400

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:13:19AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:18:15AM -0700, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >
> > > This shows overlapping text, which did not appear in previous versions:
> > >
> > > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/cursesix.html
> >
> > I looked with 2.8.5dev.16 using a Cygwin version (compiled with ncurses)
> > and a DJGPP version (compiled with PDCurses), and can't see the problem.
> > Where should I look on that page?

> But checking, I see the copy of lynx I'm running is against the Debian stable
> copy of ncursesw (I'm running on a new install).  Comparing with the
> non-ncursesw flavor, I don't see the page garbled.  So it doesn't appear to be
> a lynx bug (perhaps - but the only way I'll find out is to statically link it
> against my current ncursesw - I don't recall a fix that applies to POSIX
> locale
> though).

I checked, found that it's still an issue with the current lynx + current
ncursesw.  It'll take some work to see which one is incorrect.

There are still the three parsing bugs reported, but I didn't make progress
with those.  I was investigating one (which appears to be in the NSL fork code
on OS/2), but have a hardware problem with the machine I was using for test,

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net