Re: lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:07:29 +0900 (JST)

> > > Is it possible to use Lynx with utf-8 displays *at all*?  I go to
> > > google, customize it to use Russian; reload the search page to get the

You need to be careful with google since their charset support is/was
broken.  See "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month092002/msg00055.html";
for what can happen in Japanese.  Don't know what could happen with Russian
and utf-8, but you need to be sure that the charset of the document is
really what google says it will be.  You can manually edit the search string
to do that.

__Henry