lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [BUG] Editing in unicode
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:45:20 -0700

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:54:53PM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> While Thomas writes that this is "how it should be expected", I'm not
> convinced.
>
>   a) Did you note that the display of the edit field is wrong, but the
>      "actual contents" (e.g., what the form sends) is correct?
>
>   b) While pasting into a text input field shows junk, pasting into a
>      the input field for `g' works fine (try it on the google site).
>
>   c) How would you explain that ###s appear only on a "cross-page" pasting?

Now Thomas says:

    some paths through the program will preserve the bytes you type in, some
    will check or otherwise process the data (and corrupt it).

So it is not a problem of interaction with ncurses, as you insisted before?

Moreover, I'm discussing *exactly the same* path through program: one
opens a google search page, and xterm-pastes an entry into the field.
If the entry was xterm-selected on "this" page, one gets one
behaviour; it was selected on another one, one gets another.

And to Henry: the page is shown without any problem when a different
display-charset is present in xterm and lynx.

Hope this helps,
Ilya