Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer in Red Hat ?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer in Red Hat ?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:29:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> I was browsing the irssi mailing-list archives and found the
> following post from a Red Hat employee (well, he has a
> @redhat.com e-mail):
>
> http://www.dragoncat.net/lists/irssi-dev/2003-05/0002.html
>
> "lynx is no longer included in Red Hat Linux distributions. It
> has been superseded by links."
>
> Anyway, I don't know what he meant because 9.0 contains
> 2.8.5-11 and their current development tree 2.8.5-12.

2.8.5-12 is a little behind, though - dev.16 is current.

When I get through my fixes for dialog, I'll work on dev.17 (the parsing
bugs, and see if we can start winding up 2.8.5).  My new development
machine (which has eaten much of the past month) is about 80% installed
(but I didn't get to either today - day job schedule is getting rather
tight).  One of the installs on the new machine was a Redhat 9, so maybe
I'll remember to see what links does for line-drawing on that.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net