Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Stef Caunter wrote:

> I've stored pem certs and the latest copy of ca-bundle.crt
> from mod_ssl in /usr/local/ssl/certs to see if
> openssl itself is used by lynx, but it seems that
> nothing is doing any checking, not even for commercial
> certs.

I am not sure that I understand exactly what you are doing, but the
default under OpenSSL for the ca-bundle is a file named "cert.pem" in
"/usr/local/ssl", or whatever was defined as your OPENSSL directory. The
directory "/usr/local/ssl/certs" should contain hashed certificates. Did
you run c_rehash on that directory? The environment variables to change
the default locations are SSL_CERT_FILE and SSL_CERT_DIR.`

                           Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden