Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> default under OpenSSL for the ca-bundle is a file named "cert.pem" in
> "/usr/local/ssl", or whatever was defined as your OPENSSL directory. The
> directory "/usr/local/ssl/certs" should contain hashed certificates. Did
> you run c_rehash on that directory? The environment variables to change

Thanks. I had already created the hash for the self-signed
cert, and I just used c_rehash to recreate everything.
Environment variables are set.

Does this mean that lynx should recognize them? It doesn't
(for me). Working with openssl seems a) non-optimal for a
lynx user wanting cert recognition from their browser and b) to
not do anything toward that goal.

If this is something that everyone can do except for me,
then I'd like to know how it's done, or if there is any
documentation.

--Stef

 7:52AM  up 1 day,  8:51, 2 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.12, 0.11
OpenBSD 3.3 i386 Intel Pentium (P54C) ("GenuineIntel" 586-class)