Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:29:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Stef Caunter wrote:

> It's 0.9.6j, could be a problem. Just so I understand, _should_ this work
> for lynx?

It works for me in DJGPP and Cygwin ports of lynx. I haven't tested
this on other platforms.

> > fully tested to see if it really works. What happens if you take the
> > self-signed ca_cert and concatenate it to your ca-bundle, and put it in
> > the default location (/usr/local/ssl) as "cert.pem"?
>
> Did that yesterday.  Still no certs are found. At all, which is weird. If

Are you saying that your standard ca-bundle isn't found either? If
so, this suggests that you either have it at a location where lynx
doesn't look or you don't have it in pem format. If you want to try a
different ca-bundle, you can try the one in the curl package from my
website. Get "http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/curl-7.10.5-DOS.zip"; and
extract the file called "cert.pem". Put it in the default location
for your OpenSSL distribution (probably /usr/local/ssl). The file
is derived from the ca-certs distributed by Microsoft with Internet
Explorer. For proper security, you should use only certs that you
obtain from a trusted source, but you should be able to use my file
for testing purposes.
                               Doug
--
Doug Kaufman