Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:30:27 -0400 (EDT)

I was hoping to indicate in some way the differences between
linux and BSD. It's probably better to not generalize.

I didn't have such luck with certs being found on either
Open or Net, which is probably why we are having this
discussion, and why the
README needed some discussion of the environment variable.
(for other such unlucky types!)

--Stef

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> begin  electrogrammati illius Stef Caunter
>
> >On some systems, SSL_CERT_DIR only needs to be set if a non-default location
> >is used. This appears to be true with linux. It seems to want to be set on
> >BSD type systems.
>
> I don't exactly undersyand what you're saying here (note
> I'm no native English speaker), but on BSD, you need not
> set it, it's actually set to /etc/ssl by default, and my
> lynx _does_ find the certs in /etc/ssl/certs/ _without_
> having to set the environment variable...
>
> //Thorsten
> --
> Ich erinnere mich noch an meinen Geschichtsunterricht, als man mir
> vermittelt hat, da? im Mittelalter der Zehnte eingef?hrt wurde, und ich
> dachte mir: zehn Prozent!  Wow ist das viel!  Ein Gl?ck, da? wir nicht
> mehr im Mittelalter leben!            -- Felix von Leitner in d.a.s.r

 2:23PM  up 4 days, 15:22, 1 user, load averages: 0.06, 0.07, 0.08
OpenBSD 3.3 i386 Intel Pentium (P54C) ("GenuineIntel" 586-class)