Re: lynx-dev new version...when?

From: kutek
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version...when?
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:27:03 -0400

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 02:56:15PM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 address@hidden wrote:
>

> > when can we expect the next stable version? something that might work with
> > yahoo groups?

> I don't recall what the issue was with yahoo groups - if it's not related
> to one of the parsing bugs, it's probably not addressed in my to-do list.

this is a problem with yahoo's cookies. authentication for the groups site
results in three cookies being passed to lynx...it only accepts one. thus
the autentication never happens and you return to the login screen again and
again.

i saw this by watching the transaction using tcpdump with  both lynx and
netscape nav. unfortunately, yahoo does not seem to have an unencrypted
login anymore and i am not now able to see the transaction in clear text at
all.

you previously stated that this seemed to be a problem on only some systems
(not yours) but it has been a continual problem for me and no adjustment of
the config file fixes it.

fractoid