Re: lynx-dev: Yahoo mail and lynx w32 ssl

From: Jacques Jamain
Subject: Re: lynx-dev: Yahoo mail and lynx w32 ssl
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:19:59 +0100

  hi Thorsen,

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:02:53 +0000 (UTC)
 -- Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> écrivait (wrote):
>begin  electrogrammati illius Jacques Jamain
>
>>    its pop server. The only free access has been then the web and a
>>    contributor to that list gave some tricks to access the yahoo mail
>>    with Lynx without java script support.
>
>Sorry, I don't know them. Are these source code patches?

  No, it was just an user cooking recipe to continue with yahoo with a
  javascript disabled browser. If you want to see the exact recipe it is
  there:
  <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month082002/msg00150.html>
   but I think these incantations are no more possible today...

>>     My diagnostic is that they block the Lynx W32 on the user agent
>>     header: Lynx/2.8.4rel.1-mirabilos libww...
>>     For Lynx OS2 it is: Lynx/2.8.4dev.20 libww...
>
>You can change the user agent in the (O)ptions.

  My diagnostic was wrong ;(

>>PS: in searching help in the Lynx online help i found some obsolete
>>    links
>
>They are from 2.8.3 and 2.8.4, if I get the time I'll re-vamp
>lynx 2.8.5 when it comes out (or 2.9).
>A pity it doesn't run under win32s, I've to use MSIE 5.0 under
>WfW 3.11 currently. (Or X-Win32 xterm lynx on BSD)
>
>>        <http://www.trill-home.com/lynx.html> (hacked!!!)
>
>Yikes! Really?

  Just try it;)

 Thanks for your help