lynx-dev URI scheme re-documentation (RFC-1738bis) in process

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev URI scheme re-documentation (RFC-1738bis) in process
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:54:11 -0400

Announce message:
 I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc1738bis-00.txt
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg25978.html

The draft itself:
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc1738bis-00.txt

Discussion -- read Larry Masinter's suggested de-scoping first
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2003Sep/thread.html#2

I mention this here in part because Klaus was not happy with my merger of
news: and nntp: scheme definitions -- and the current draft has taken that
in, without a lot of discussion.

Note that Larry suggests removing this from 1738bis and letting the NNTP
reform group chew on the issues in their own sweet time.  Which is not going
to be fast.  The issue won't be in a "speak now or forever..." category if
Larry's suggestion stands.

And in general, if any Lynx developers have the will and the time to offer
edits concerning schemes they feel important that are mis-documented in the
current draft, <address@hidden> is the place to bring your suggested changes.

Lynx users are probably using more schemes more currently than a lot of
other web-wandering sub-populations.

Al