Re: lynx-dev searching the archives

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev searching the archives
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:00:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to look for an old discussion in the archives. I went to
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/, where the last link takes you to
> "Searching the Lynx-Dev Archives". Well, it does not quite take you there.
> Does someone have the right URL?
>
>   What I am trying to look for is a discussion where there was a person
> reporting that with the SHOW_KB_RATE option his modem could not keep up
> with it, so he experienced a delay, or so. Can't quite remember. If you
> knwo what I am talking about and have a link to that discussion, I'd
> appreciate it. If not, maybe the link that I am asking above will help.

I recall the discussion (or one of them ;-).  But searching flora is
something that I've not done well.

The discussion I recall was essentially that the number of characters used
to keep the screen updated for SHOW_KB_RATE was rather high.  It should
be updated rather infrequently, but there are tradeoffs in portability.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net