Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:14:27 -0400 (EDT)

> In late June, the domain name was snapped up by
> a "domain retriever"; it now redirects

Lynx has a rather strongly apparent immunity to popups,
javascript, advertising, virus delivery, spyware and other http
delivered payloads, which could vastly impress a new lynx
user and is something which has always pleased me. This is
fundamental to its good function. I wouldn't have it any
other way.

The notion that end users need instruction in ways to deal
with possible digital garbage is similar to soft drink
and fast food companies offloading perceived responsibility
for physical garbage away from themselves, the creators.

To really deal with garbage, understand its manufacturers.

You don't have to accept garbage. Arrange things so you
know what is coming in your space, digital or physical.

Commercial producers of digital and physical garbage will
forever push it at us. Take it in, and you've got to deal
with it.

__Stef

<address@hidden>
http://caunter.ca