Re: Lynx as a GNU project (Re: lynx-dev archives bad link (fwd))

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: Lynx as a GNU project (Re: lynx-dev archives bad link (fwd))
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:20:57 +0900 (JST)

> > yes - we discussed this a few years ago, and decided to not be a GNU
> > project.
>
> In that case, shouldn't we be talking about a possible move to
> savannah.nongnu.org rather than savannah.gnu.org? The web page at
> savannah.gnu.org/projects/lynx proclaims us a GNU project. The link to
> the "lynx project administrator" is broken. Does anyone know who
> registered us with savannah?

I see some related material in the February 2002 archives under the
thread "RFC: change coming to lynx-dev archives", and again in June 2002
under the thread "Re: address@hidden: some problems]".  Then there is
a rather complete discussion in March 2003 under the thread "Re: HEADS
UP! not just spam, now viruses".  Fr=E9d=E9ric_L=2E_W=2E_Meunier (sorry
about the slaughtered mime) seems to offer some ideas worth considering.

My $0.02 is a vote for nongnu, too.
                       ^^^
__Henry